Health Benefits of Using Natural Oils For Your Hair
It has been a popular trend to apply oil to the hair, different products ranging from essential oils to homemade coconut oil have all been employed for the sake of natural treatments for the hair. Applying oil to the hair is an act that is now considered a very crucial part of any hair care regimen. It has been proven to be effective in solving hair related issues like dryness, dandruff, hair fall, split ends, and so on.
When the oil is applied to the hair, there is an increase in the blood circulation in the hair follicles. This, in turn, assists in the strengthening of the hair and stimulates hair growth. It also provides the hair and skin with vital and important nutrients. Natural oils applied on the hair have various benefits to not just the hair but also the skin. But this is not actually a new and recent development, because, from the past, people have employed the use of oil for various cosmetic and medicinal purposes.
Natural hair oils can either be essential or carrier oils. Essential oils are gotten from plants and they can easily be recognized by a certain scent of the plant that they are gotten from. While carrier oils are also gotten from plants but they posses a neutral smell and they do not necessarily need to be distilled down like essential oils.
Here are the benefits of using natural oils for hair growth:
- Almond oil: Almond oil helps to soothe and moisturize the scalp.
- Cedarwood oil: Cedarwood oil basically stimulates the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Chamomile oil: This natural oil softens the hair, makes it glow, and soothes the scalp.
- Clary sage oil: Clary sage oil stimulates the scalp and increases the natural growth of the hair.
- Coconut oil: This is a very essential oil used for softening hair and increasing the shine. It is mostly gotten from coconut and it also helps to prevent hair loss and acts as a hair conditioner.
- Geranium oil: The basic benefit of geranium oil is to strengthen the hair.
- Jojoba oil: This type of natural oil is responsible for moisturizing the hair, adding nutrients to the hair, and stimulating the scalp.
- Lavender oil: Lavender oil keeps the hair shiny, it also deep conditions the hair, and helps in the control of dandruff. This oil also has a very pleasant smell and it can also increase the circulation and can heal wounded scalp caused by sun or otherwise chemical treatment.
- Moroccan argan oil: This natural oil basically moisturizes, nourishes, and provides antioxidants to hair.
- Rosemary oil: The benefit of this oil is that it stimulates the roots, improves hair growth, and increases circulation in the scalp.
When all of these natural oils are combined in a solution of hair treatment cream, they yield a perfect and a very healthy result.